If you are looking for a place to hold an event, conference, or retreat, think San Benito County. The beauty of the area makes a great backdrop for a peaceful yet productive event. Whether you are looking for a place with lodging or a facility for day-use you will find what you need here.
Venues with lodging include:
- 549 Mission Vineyard Rd, San Juan Bautista
- Saint Francis Retreat Center offers both House and Private retreats. There are 58 rooms, each with two beds for Group or House Retreats and 3 cottages with a living rooms and kitchens for Private Retreats. They offer varied conference spaces (accommodating anywhere from 10 to 140 people), a highly-rated food service and dining room, hiking trails, volleyball court, outdoor Stations of the Cross and native wildlife.
- For information: 831-623-4234
- 410 The Alameda, San Juan Bautista
- Hacienda de Léal is a boutique hotel with the latest amenities. Your group can enjoy a meeting room that will accommodate 40 guests, or enjoy the outdoor space for larger groups (50-200). There are 42 hotel rooms available for your stay. You can also hold you meetings at The Barn, one of their nearby facilities, which can hold 30-100 while staying at the Hacienda. They will be happy to provide a shuttle from one venue to the other. Wi-Fi access, on-site parking and Starbucks coffee in the lobby, and dining packages are available.
- For information: 831- 623-4380
- 13388 Airline Hwy, Paicines
- The Paicines Ranch can accommodate groups ranging from 10-350 when using a combination of their indoor and outdoor facilities. There is a meeting space or indoor dining space for up to 20 in the Grogan House, or serve dinner outdoors on the Guesthouse lawn for groups up to 200. The newly-renovated barn can seat up to 250 for dinner. They would be happy to assist you with food service, or you can use your own caterer. There is a variety of overnight lodging options including Grogan House, various cottages and guest houses as well as RV parking and camping.
- For information: 831-628-0288
- 10001 Willow Creek Rd, Paicines
- Bar SZ Ranch is a genuine working family ranch and a great setting for meetings and team building. The 3 guest houses and a two room barn will sleep up to 35 people, and the 660 acre ranch has plenty of room for camping. There are many activities that are good for team building or you can meet in the common areas provided to work or relax together.
- For information: (831) 389-4672
- 712 West St, Hollister
- Joshua Inn Bed and Breakfast, a 1902 Queen Anne Victorian home, is a great place for smaller groups looking for a quiet and quaint place where you can book the whole house to both lodge and meet. The Inn has five Victorian style bedrooms each with one bed (ranging from full to king) and some roll away beds are available. After your group enjoys your included gourmet breakfast you can get to work (or relax) in the dining room or outside in the patio area, which has an outdoor fireplace, and more chill informally in one of the two common areas.
- For information: (831) 265-7829
Ridgemark Golf and Country Club
- 3800 Airline Hwy, Hollister
- Ridgemark Golf and Country Club has several meeting and conference rooms. They can accommodate groups from 10 to 220. For a small rental fee a projector, screen, microphone/podium and a wireless microphone are available. The meeting rooms and the club house have Wi-Fi access. For those of you who are doing an overnight event, Ridgemark has a lodge. All rooms have king size beds at a single-story level. They also offer connecting rooms and rooms with two king size beds.
- For information: 831-637-8151
Venues without lodging:
- 3825 Union Rd, Hollister
- San Juan Oaks has a conference room that holds up to 40 people and a banquet room that seats 300, so whatever the size of your event, they have something for you. They offer regional California cuisine and can supply meals for your event so outside catering is not needed.
- For information: 831-636-6113
- 421 East St, Hollister
- Paine’s Restaurant has a separate banquet room for meetings and events. This private room can hold up to 200 people. They are happy to provide a buffet style meal for your group.
- For information: (831) 637-3882
- 649 San Benito St, Hollister
- The Veteran’s Memorial Building has an annex building for smaller groups. The main building holds up to 1000 people. They have a full kitchen facility and tables and chairs available.
- For information: (831) 637-7011
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm and Tuesday and Thursday by appointment only.
- 695 7th St, Hollister
- For information: (831) 637-2827
- 6991 Airline Hwy, Tres Pinos
- For information: (831) 628-3320
If you will be having your event at a venue that does not offer food preparation, there are a number of places in San Benito County that provide catering: